January 16, 2006

Funny Girl

A comment from my last entry got me thinking. It's odd, but I tend to write only when I am depressed or nervous. I guess I write as a form of therapy, but I really think that most people who know me would tell you I'm funny.

I was reminded of this when I heard from my all-time best friend Jamie. She wrote:

"we rock from the computer lab in journalism class (writing newspaper
articles for the school paper only about ourselves and the victories we
had won on the speech and debate team)
we be rockin all the way to audition in stroudsburg for "our town"
(wasn't it?) where I nearly died because you made me laugh so hard
when i was driving (and i yelled at you that that was a "very dangerous
thing to do" while i was behind the wheel.....do you remember that, or
am i just a geek?) by the way, we didn't get the parts."

Anyway, my point is that I don't know if my recent entries have been a fair representation of myself and even my thoughts. Did you ever write something and then go back to read it and wonder who the hell snuck into your computer program while you were away? That's my point. I don't even recognize some of the thoughts I've been having lately.

And although the whole "productive" theme is going strong, I mostly feel like having a kid isn't what I want to do. There is a huge part of me that wonders why I don't drop everything to move to LA to be with Jay so we could finally write that comedy screenplay (or at least some skits). If only I wasn't such a chicken.

No comments: