June 16, 2006

cloppity-clop, cloppity clop...

I never understood why they wouldn't want us to wear sandals at work. It's a "rule" in the handbook (I'm wearing them right now, so it's obviously not a "rule" per se) that sandals are not allowed. I refrained for quite some time, until I noticed most of the other women wearing them.

But lately I have come to see the dangers of allowing sandals...

cloppity-clop, cloppity-clop...

The newest woman at work wears sandals that flop when she walks. It's kind of like the Tic-tac guy on Seinfeld...you know when she's coming, or leaving, or just walking three feet from one desk to another. It's highly annoying and now that I've given in to my stupid brain and paid attention to it, it bothers me even more. (Damn you, brain function!)

cloppity-clop, cloppity-clop...

That's not even the worst part. She KNOWS they make noise. She KNOWS they must annoy people, but she continues to wear them. AND when she wears them, I occasionally look up at her and then she does this REALLY annoying Oops-my-sandals-make-noise-so-I'll-clumsily-try-to-tip-toe walk that drives me nuts. She can't tip toe. She shouldn't even try.

So it's either cloppity-clop, cloppity-clop... or a large woman waddling on her tip toes.

Jason mentioned to me yesterday that I can't leave in September...I just laughed.

2 comments:

Jason Hughes said...

My, between "Parking Spot OCD" and "Cloppity-clop," I can see how apealing it would be to leave in September...

BUT YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

Well, I suppose you can, but it isn't fair...

I'll be the only not-so-normal normal person left!!!

And I'll hafta listan to Erin's boring stories that, we may as well admit, are like listening to a St. Olaf story from Rose Nyland (think Golden Girls), and dealing with Audra's everyday "blonde" moments...

Sigh. I hope I win the lottery soon... like, the day after your last day at work...

Kel said...

I'm sorry...but, alas, I must. The time has come for me to move on. But I won't forget you—I won't forget us. "Us," the only normal ones (so we think) at this little place. {sigh}