September 06, 2006

My Last Week

Well, this is my last week of work. It's an odd feeling when you get used to doing something every day for several years and then realize that you're not going to do it again. I'll miss the people I work with (not all of them, but most), especially Jason. He is one of the main reasons I like work. He certainly has a way of brightening a place and making it more fun. I'll miss our daily chats. Email just won't cut it—the comic timing is all screwy (and boy, do we have comic timing in person!!), although I will need some email in order to save myself from Jason withdrawal. It's a sad condition that affects at least one person per year. My time is up, kids.

Some of the ladies at work made cupcakes, sent a card around, and collected money for a gift certificate to celebrate my having a baby and leaving. (I don't know if they're exactly celebrating me leaving, but you know what I mean.) I was really touched. I've never had co-workers do that before and it was nice to feel like people are really going to miss me. It almost makes me sad to leave. Almost.

So my entries may slow down even more than the big gaps that have plagued this blog since its creation. I'm not sure if I will feel like warming up my archaic computer and DIALING in to blogspot. When you spend your whole day in front of a computer with high-speed internet (aka "work"), sitting in front of a computer at home is the last thing you want to do. Now I may actually need to break down and get my ass out of 1998.

No comments: