January 13, 2006

Adventures of Toothy

I have to go buy school supplies, which seems so silly. I have to admit that I have had a stationary fetish since I was a child. When I was younger, I would spend what seemed like hours looking at note paper, pencils, and erasers when I went shopping with my mom and dad. I'm still attracted to glitter pens like something fierce.

My favorite eraser in fifth grade was shaped like a tooth, which I named Toothy.

As a side note, I was never creative in the toy-naming department; I had a monkey named Monkey, a clown named Clown, etc. I must get it from my grandmother, who had a dog named Puppy and now has a 17-year-old freak of nature fish named Fish.

Anyway, Toothy used to have conversations with Orangy, an eraser who was proudly owned by my best friend in fifth grade, Jason. Oh yes, Toothy and Orangy were the best of friends. Since they couldn't talk all the time we made little paper mailboxes for them and they would write notes back and forth to each other. It was a fun time until some of the other rotten kids ratted us out and our little game had to stop. Our teacher (obviously not appreciating our imaginations) separated us so Jason and I couldn't play our eraser game anymore. Awwwwww.

I think the first day of my new class I will hand out tooth erasers. Maybe a new generation will grow up with multiple personalities, too.

1 comment:

Jason Hughes said...

It sounds like maybe you should be going to school for dentistry... you know, "Toothy," and all that...

That along with your nickname... :D Sorry, to good to pass up!