February 08, 2006

Happiness is...

Wow, five days since my last post. Can you tell I've been busy?

It's that time...

My 10-year reunion is this year! First of all, I can't believe I'm that old. I remember making fun of my brother and his friend (my drama teacher) when they were discussing their 10-year reunion. Of course, when you're 16, ten years seems like a long way off. (See above for further reference.)

What I find most disturbing about the whole thing is that I have changed, but no one would probably be able to tell. I haven't moved to California, I haven't changed my clothes much, I haven't even bought an expensive car. While others were off chasing happiness, I have found it. I guess I always had it. It's inside of me and I can't really show it off for one day out of ten years. Why would I want to, anyway?

I guess I have to be content knowing that happiness is not a BMW. I could buy one, but I don't need one. I have what I need and I can't hold it in my hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwww