October 14, 2007

'Tis Merely a Flesh Wound

I just bent down and planted a big kiss on the MySpace ass I've been avoiding for a long time. That's right, kids, I now have a profile on there. Perhaps I'm getting brazen or something about my inclusion into the IPP (In-Law Protection Program), but I needed to have a profile to see pics. And I wanted to see pics of my best friend from high school.

I got duped into signing up for Classmates.com last week. Supposedly, someone wanted me to join so they could contact me. I'm not usually one to do something because someone wants me to, but they caught me in an accepting mood. I knew it was probably an elaborate marketing ploy. They have a questionnaire and it asks for your biggest pet peeve, but there was a pull-down menu only. I was hoping for an open field to fill in since my pet peeves are obviously (according to the creator of Classmates' pull-down menu) not common. I mean, yes, I do hate people who talk during movies. That is probably my biggest one. But I also hate dirty microwaves and I didn't even get to express it. I also have a problem with people who send greeting cards to people who are not speaking to them. You mean that's not common?

I screwed myself up before because I fell asleep for a few hours. Now it's 11:30pm and I should be going to bed, but I don't feel tired. I'll regret it tomorrow morning when Katie wants to get up at 8am and I feel like rolling over. Luckily I've instilled in her good sleep habits.

I know I'm rambling. Perhaps these will be...productive musings? [Enter creative smirk here.]

Katie's walking full time now. She must have figured out that it's easier/faster to walk than to crawl. Besides, the knees must suffer. My knee is killing me. It's an old injury. I wish it were from field hockey or something athletic, but it's from when I fell going up stairs at work. A woman was holding the door for me so I hurried, only to trip over a step and fall hard on my knees before coming to rest two inches from her shoes. There's no cool way to recover from that. I went to the hospital and they told me that I had possibly broken my knee cap, but it was later revealed that I had only damaged the knee. I even went for rehab. Now if I only I could tell when it was going to rain, at least it would have been worth my while.

No comments: