March 03, 2006

Buffalo Penis Envy

We got on a conversation here at work about the buffalo nickel and how it was discontinued because people protested the buffalo penis engraved into the picture. I don't know how true that is, but it's funny. I find it fascinating that people are appalled or infatuated with other people's body parts. I mean, every sex basically has the same parts, but men horde copies of Playboy like they found gold. I could have told them she'd have two of this and one of that...

My grandmother once bought a can of air freshener because it had a penis on it. Supposedly a guy at the plant where it was made inserted his penis into the photo for the can. She heard about it on the news and then searched every store until she found one. She proudly would show it to everyone, telling us that you could see a guy's "jigger" on it. (Adds new meaning to Mountain Fresh, eh?) It looked like a finger to me, but that's beside the point. I don't know what's more disturbing: my grandmother intentionally bought an air freshener with a penis on it because she thought it would be worth money or the fact that after nine children she can't say the word penis.

Or maybe it's because she uses the word jigger, which is just wrong.

No comments: